I am still working on the Mage cap. Its going to be a long-term project. One thing I made is this embroidery for the back of the cap. I am going to add some beads to it after attaching it to the cap.
Usually the Embroidery on the back of this robe is hidden by my hair. Not sure what drove me to put my character’s crest there. Thank you to Liz-Sai/Mioon for taking the Photo.
We bought this really thick woolen cloth to make a wind-proof hood for an elven larp character. The fabric is more similar to felt than normal cloth, and I really enjoyed the challenge of making the pattern. It is sewn by hand since no sewing machinge would take it. We are going to add embroidery… Continue reading Elven Hood
So my Han Dynasty Markswoman is slowly turning a Ming Dynasty Markswoman. I made my fist Hanfu and a black felt hat. This is only the first Layer, both the main Hanfu and a warm coat are still in planning. I am quite happy with how they turned out and I’m looking forward to making the… Continue reading Sudden Hanfu Attack
Christmas-day shooting with my mum. This is her Larp-character Ardea Cinerea. We made most of the costume together, though she did the embroidery.
I made a corset for my mage character. It’s not done yet, but there are a few in-progress photos I’d like to share. I took a tudor corset pattern and changed it to suit my needs. It is shorter than it’s historical counterparts, since I have to be able to move around in it a… Continue reading Mage Corset in Progress
With the warm robes for my mage character almost done I have started to plan the rest of the costume. I have acquired a nice vougue pattern I will use for this project. Fort the robes I plan to work with paint and stencils as well as embroidery. Both will be mostly tone in tone… Continue reading Planning further ahead
I made this gown for a masquerade last winter. I fell totally in love with the Orlesian gowns from Dragon Age Inquisition, So I tried my own interpretation. At the ball I played a one-shot character, but I am going to use this gown for my mage, Ambra Ymris. The Photos were taken by Moritz… Continue reading Orlesian style Masquerade Gown
I have started piecing together the mage robes I have been working on. The lining is still missing, and it does really not fit my mannequin, but you can already see where this is going. Look here for the concept and details of the embroidery work: https://elbenstern.wordpress.com/2015/01/05/mage-robes-in-progress/
I finished the embroidery work on the collar. Below is the design I used. Only a pair of sleeves to do.